Fresh Turmeric Root
What is Turmeric?
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa), the main spice in the Indian dish curry, is arguably the most powerful herb on the planet at fighting and potentially reversing disease
- Turmeric comes from the Curcuma longa plant, which grows in India and other Southeast Asian countries
- We sell the Turmeric Whole and unprocessed to maintain all the rich nutrients
Health Benefits of Turmeric
Largely due to its curcumin content, Turmeric is often credited with these benefits:
- Fighting inflammation
- As an antioxidant
- Protects the heart in various ways
- Helpful for arthritis
- Brain boosting
- May be helpful for fighting diabetes and cancer
How to select and store Turmeric
Turmeric is available as a ground powder or as we sell it, fresh, raw and whole to maintain it's full nutrition.
Fresh turmeric should be free of dark spots and be crisp. It may be stored in the fridge where it will keep for a month.
Since its deep orange colour can easily stain, avoid getting it on clothing. To avoid a permanent stain, quickly wash the affected area with soap and water.
- FREE 2nd Class Delivery - 3 days
- 1st Class Delivery - 1 day (recommended) - £2.00